What is a COMMUNITY GROUP?
We’re developing a network of small groups within the church to foster community, discipleship, care, and service. A C3 Community Group is an intentional gathering of committed and compassionate people who desire to share life and truth together. Their purpose is to grow in Christ and give him to others so that every C3 member would belong, believe, become whole, and bless the world.
In the Fall of 2019, we will first introduce CONNECT Groups, later introducing Explore, Care, and Missional groups.
The front lines for spiritual development, relational community and spiritual care at C3. This is not simply a friend or interest group, but a biblical community that desires to connect relationally and be transformed as they do life together.
People meeting together with a focus on hospitality and exploring discussions of relevant cultural topics and theology and for those who desire to explore the Christian faith. For both followers of Christ and those who do not necessarily identify as Christians.
Registration is now open for Fall 2019 Connect Groups (September 8 – November 24, 2019).
What does joining a COMMUNITY GROUP look like?
- Fall Term: September 8 – November 24, 2019
- Winter Term: January 12 – April 5, 2020
- Spring Term: April 19 – June 28, 2020
- Groups will start and end each term at the same time and will commit to a specific meeting frequency (every week/every other week, etc.) for the entire term.
- At the end of the term, the group will decide if they will continue to meet or break up. This will allow for groups to communicate whether they are full and closed or have openings for new people, and create easy entrance and exit times for participation.
- Groups will initially be created based on a sign-up questionnaire, gathering info on your preferences (age/stage of life, gender, meeting time and location options, other group members you wish to be placed with, etc.).
Everyone! Community groups are for men and women; for individuals, friends, couples, and families; and for all ages from young adults to seniors. Group options are available with different meeting times, frequency, location, childcare needs, and more. This is an excellent way for those new to our community and for longtime members to connect, for those in a new phase of life to find others to walk alongside them, for individuals feeling isolated to find fellowship.
We are created beings – created for relationship – longing to care for and be cared for by others. This is an opportunity for you to know and be known by others in our community, loving one another and growing in our faith together.