Christ Community Church is called by the God of all grace for the transforming of life in middle Tennessee—spiritually, socially, and culturally—through the power of the gospel, from Franklin to the nations of the world—all to the glory of God.
The phrase “through the power of the Gospel” is at the center of our mission statement. We do all things – everything – for the sake of the Gospel.
In 1986, our Pastor Emeritus Scotty Smith founded Christ Community Church,
established as a community of believers here in Franklin, Tennessee.
- We believe the Bible is the written word of God, inspired by the Holy Spirit and without error in the original manuscripts. The Bible is the revelation of God’s truth and is infallible and authoritative in all matters of faith and practice.
- We believe in the Holy Trinity. There is one God, who exists eternally in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that all are sinners and totally unable to save themselves from God’s displeasure, except by His mercy.
- We believe that we are saved by God’s Grace alone through faith in Christ Alone.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God, who through His perfect life and sacrificial death atoned for the sins of all who will trust in Him, alone, for salvation.
- We believe that God is gracious and faithful to His people not simply as individuals but as families in successive generations according to His Covenant promises.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit indwells God’s people and gives them the strength and wisdom to trust Christ and follow Him.
- We believe that Jesus will return, bodily and visibly, to judge all mankind and to receive His people to Himself.
- We believe that all aspects of our lives are to be lived to the glory of God under the Lordship of Jesus Christ.
Pastor David Cassidy has been serving us as Lead Pastor since 2014. After growing up in Indiana, he served churches in England, Kentucky, and Texas before settling here in Franklin, Tennessee with his wife, Toni, and their three children. He enjoys writing, photography, movies, culinary arts, poetry, reading all manner of books and screenplays, hiking around Montana, and is a life-long fan of the Packers, Cubs, Texas Longhorns, and Arsenal.